Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

Ah, the important question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLegend
TheLegend

Ah, the important question Empty
PostSubject: Ah, the important question   Ah, the important question EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Since many of us know each other from the deck room in the zone....I have a question.

How did you find the deck and what kept you coming back after the first time?
Back to top Go down
TheLegend
TheLegend

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the important question   Ah, the important question EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:48 pm

I will start. As you know, I was the most famous and wildy popular member of the zone. Well at least with the women. I think I was on msn checking my stocks and I clicked on a link for hearts in the zone. I had played hearts in college over a few dozen beers many a night. The deck had the most people in it and I started playing at work. I really did not want to create an account, so I played as a guest for a very long time. I had no desire to talk to people or go through the whole log in process. Later I noticed that it was hard to get a game with better players as a guest. I played with Mad, Art and Space and others under a guest nic as much as I could - but they preferred playing people they knew. It sucked playing a guest because many of the guests were terrible players - even worse than syl. I learned one table had better players than the majority of the people playing at that time. I would get in a game here and there as a guest, but Mad would usually boot me because I had no nic. Sooo there was guest3330 in the room one day and I decided to make my nic look as close to that as possible. Guesl3331 was born. Women around the world celebrated. Some sent nudes, some offered gifts - it was close to being a national holiday in the USA. It was amazing how many people were fooled by the "l" instead of the "t" in my nic. Even sadder, many were amazed a guest could talk at a table or in a lobby. Hey, I never said zone people were smart. Anyway, I began beating Mad and Space a lot - and even the second and third tier players like Syl and Ima. Actually I had fun playing online - I got to know people and how they played. I improved my lowman game and got to have a great time talking smack, getting the others to agree to boot someone and learning each persons game. I became addicted and played more and more at work to get away from the stress of moronic employees. Oh how I miss George and Christy when they were drunk in the room - and my Giggle poo when we had insult contests. "Harass ass trash bag" is still a classic. It was a great few years - we all got to know each other, played a lot and stuck together.
Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Sylvia

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the important question   Ah, the important question EmptyWed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm

yeahhh guesl you damn legend ...
i like to remember as all has start Smile
I got 10 years ago my first computer and i had found a link at msn to play hearts , we couldnt chat there only klick a hello and some other things and there was different level for player and a link who has bring me then to the Heartszone and there i found the Deck. I dont remember my first nic but as i joined my first game started the player to talk to me and i was to dead scared and was quit and left this room lol
i said to my family = " jesus i go never more back there ....they speak english to me"!!
But i started to like to play hearts and joined there so now and then to play a game .
And cause i did hate if people talked to me and almost all asked me where ou from did i create the Nic = Sylvia_Germany !! I thought so now they know where you from , then must you nothing more say .lolol
It was a long way and a hard school , that good player has let me join in a game Smile
I was to this time very shy and always happy if i could get a game where no one was talking lol
After a while has more and more player know me and invite me for games and so comes the day as i joined table 54 !!!!!
The table of Mad Skilz, Space , guesl and some other . I know we played a few games and the guys was sugarsweet and then rude ,,but cause i only understand half of what they said i only did smily and played my game .
And they did what in the next years was always so ...they booted me of the table cause i had won !
I was so upset about the damn rude guys then , and i thought you damn matchos and i did what no one ever tryed before .
I took table 54 and said to the guys that is now my table you all cant get them never more back !
Well was easy for me i must only go in the serverroom and there the computer never lost the connection i could sit and sit there!
Was fun as the guys tryed to get the table back Smile
So the friendship between us little gang started ,,we played hearts we fight each the other or we did gangs up against the rest of the deck , i must learn to speak my germish and i has start to spend much time in this deck cause i liked the fun there.
so all has start and still i love to play hearts ,,,,ok guesl has give up ever to beat me , but he is always welc to get a game with the most nice kraut on earth and if we ever get a game with the old gang then we boot the winner of the table!!!!

Sylvia
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the important question   Ah, the important question EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:35 am

Well you can and done it syl.. got me to reply.

You are such a sweetie, and it's an honour knowing you, and
being your friend.

Thank you SOOO much for making me laugh on me lunch
break lol.

Huggzzz

Ange
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the important question   Ah, the important question EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:25 am

AHHHHHHHH!!! Table 54!!!! Mad, Guesl, Sylvia, Art, Bub!!!

Best days online...but I should be brief, some people find us reminiscing very boring : )

I came to deck from chess rooms. I was a first class player even back then. Having played hearts at school, I was pretty damned good. I developed my lowman game over time. Most of all, I loved the drama that deck offered. It was pretty damned good banter back in those days with great comradeship. Being a verbose kinda guy, I got involved in the banter pretty early on. At first it was pretty basic...unrelated comments. As I got to know more people, things started to get better. I remember Joolse2 very fondly, sitting at table 40 with her and locking the table caused some rumours. The rumours prompted attacks in the lobby - which in turn meant that I was able to showcase my lobby domination abilities : )

Happy days!! When the people who you bantered with the most were also your closest allies. We amused ourselves by taking chunks out of each other in lobby, but we were always together in dispensing with fools who tried to upset the status quo. People like George, Chrissy, stifflake, ickybob and the Gigs were fantastic - offering a board to throw our darts at. All in good fun of course!! Then, one day, along came Capt_91D, who like a frontiersman was determined to tame the Deck. That meant taming 'certain' personalities. Everyone knew that he would never succeed - but it was an epic battle. I toast Capt these days for his contribution in galvanizing us as a force to be reckoned with.

Most of the close alliances I made back then...exist to this day. Funny really - people like Bub,Guesl, Art, Syl, Dave and I have disagreed on so many things - yet we still have a certain loyalty and bond that has held out till now. Of course, things have changed a little since Art had a civil marriage with his long time male lover - but we still remember him fondly and yearn for his company again.
Back to top Go down

Ah, the important question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Section - Blogs, Diaries, Pics and all that jazz :: Members' Section - About You-
Jump to: