Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

Hiders - What do you think they contribute?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Hiders - What do you think they contribute? Empty
PostSubject: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 am

So....Hiders....how do you feel about them?

When I say 'Hiders', I mean those people who appear in chat lobbies with a nic that nobody recognizes, but who try to join into the conversations and discussions that take place. Often, they will allude to the fact that you know them and they know you.

How do Hiders contribute to an online community? Is their contribution positive, negative, necessary or unnecessary?

Have you been a hider yourself?

My personal opinion on hiders is simple. I humiliate them if I am bored and ignore them when I am engaged with something else. They are meaningless. I regard them as cowards who are so deeply ashamed of themselves that they cannot appear in a recognizable nic for fear of humiliation. I never really engage in the 'guessing game' trying to figure out a who a hider is - I merely assign a hider any name I choose and go with that. After all, what does it matter?

Yes I have used hider nics myself : ) Sometimes to just see how the lobby chat is flowing without my divine presence. However, I almost always reveal my hider nics in due course. I don't get the 'professional' hiders, like 'HiderHeaven' who is so lacking in self esteem and confidence that the only way it can contribute to any discussion is by being as anonymous as possible.

I look forward to reading your thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 am

merry christmas

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
meetme7
meetme7

PostSubject: Re: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 am

I am one of those people who dislikes concealed identities. It is one thing to have a clever nickname. It is another to hide behind that nickname when casting disdain, negative criticism, and insults toward others.

They’re like The Wizard Of Oz - weak men and women who hide behind a curtain of empty words that don’t mean anything because they’ve never lived a 'real' life.

Playing anonymous games is not playing by the rules… and in the end, if you win, you cannot claim your prize until you declare your identity. When you lose, you don’t have to feel sorry for yourself, because - you fool yourself- nobody really knows.

You have really got to admire people with so much energy, but I think I will stick to sitting here in front of my computer or taking a jog around the block!

Rolling Eyes

meetme7
Back to top Go down
Endrin
Endrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 9:54 am

lmao lol!
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:33 am

Endrin, I don't understand your post : )

What are you laughing at and why?

Is it because we are talking about hiders, and you feel that is what hiders aim to achieve?

Is it a nervous laugh because you have hider nics and the points raised have left you feeling embarrassed?

What is it? Come on...you can articulate your feelings here. GOD can help you through these troubling times if you let us : )
Back to top Go down
Endrin
Endrin

PostSubject: Re: Hiders - What do you think they contribute?   Hiders - What do you think they contribute? EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 am

I am laughing because you asked what a hider contributes and no one has really answered the question. All they did state basically is they dislike them then gave reasons but never answered the question. Some said they attempt to talk down on them and wouldnt you think a hider is created to be unknown? To be stealth? For only one thing and that is to get a reaction out of a person? When you attempt to ridicule them you are doing what they set out to do. Bottom line. You fed them and they succeeded in doing what they set out to do. Am I correct or not? Just the glory that you give the attention seekers here and the lobby just makes me laugh.
Nope Im not embarrassed at all and why Im not? I have no reason to be. Who says I have hider nics anyway? Maybe my nics are banned? Ya never know, besides one can change their nic but its hard to change their style and personality. So in the long run is one really hiding. Anyway if Im going to attack anyone Im damn well going to let you know its me otherwise I wont get the same contentment if I was hiding; reguardless of what others think.
Back to top Go down

Hiders - What do you think they contribute?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion Topics :: WGC, SHG and Nidink Related Discussions-
Jump to: