Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

Today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Today Empty
PostSubject: Today   Today EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:38 am

So its 1330 and my PITA of a pt has just pulled out her last IV. I take a look at her veins that are no where to be found due to her massiveness and swelling. Great.
So I go ask an ICU RN to take a look and get me a new line. She looks, doesn't see anything, says she'll check on it in a bit. Well a bit turns into two hours later when she finally informs me that she can't get it either.
So I tell the lead I need an IV but I get an MD order for a PICC line as back up as I am not confident an IV is going to hold.
Its 1730 now and my CNA has just checked her blood sugar and its 30. Swell. Now I need to push some dextrose into her but wait! No IV. I start to get concerned. I inform my lead of my dilemna. She tries to start an IV. No luck. We take her blood sugar again. Now its 10. Most people would be in a coma by now, but surprisingly my pt is her usual cantankerous self refusing to even drink some orange juice. We call a Rapid response. Now I am doomed to stay with this pt until her crisis is over. I am pissed. I have another pt come up from the ER that I have to admit, but I am stuck with this one now. My aide is waltzing down the hall taking her sweet time about getting me supplies, like some doped up daisy picker in Oz.
She is starting to irritate me.

An hour and a half later, the pt stabalizes and I move her fat ass off the floor and into critical care where she belongs.

My aide then says very loudly "Your new admit from ER has been wanting to talk to you for an hour and they are wondering where you are"

Bitch

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:52 am

I loved this blog installment : )

what I mean is:

I LD this BI, it was TFF and made me LOL : )
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:00 pm

When I was young, I thought I would have an interesting life. I would be an astronaut, or an artist, or a waiter. Now here I am, wasting what’s left of my youth by writing in this blog while I am supposed to be inputting last month’s numbers. Yet, there is truly no excitement in the three-walled cell of my cubicle, and tedious data entry or writing or coding or whatever it is I pretend to do while actually on lobby chat or youtube. I spend most of my day checking celebrity blogs and plotting how I’d kill myself if I didn’t have a cat. So what good is my life? I guess all I can hope for now is to be a cautionary tale for our impressionable youth.
Listen up kids: I know there are a lot of movies and music videos out there that make working in an office look real cool but I just want ya'll to know, working in a office is not cool. It’s not cool at all. When considering what career path you are going to tread, do not listen to the lies of yesteryear: Seriously, manual labor gets a bad rap.
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:31 pm

LOL....

Some words of wisdom there Heartssss!

Pretty accurate summary of how things are turning out...everybody wants to be 'white collar' these days. It's so much better than being working class manual labourers right?

WRONG!

It's not better at all...cos some can't do the job at all. Education is being dumbed down so these cretins can do these jobs badly. And all because they think they'll get more respect if they wear a white shirt and tie rather than overalls. This is just weakening society folks!!!

You people who were born into lower classes....can't you just stay there ffs???
Back to top Go down
SpeLLBoUnD
Bloggers
Bloggers
SpeLLBoUnD

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 pm

you are such a bloody snob Space.

Hearts sounds like a bitch of a day, at least you have a cat to go home to.
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:48 am

lol....I wouldn't say I'm a snob Bex : )

I just like things to follow a natural order. I mean...when the minions of lowly birth have the illusion that they can be the leaders...what's gonna happen?

CHAOS...that's what!

Somebody has to do the menial jobs....like washing my car, cleaning my office, fixing my toilet when it is blocked or weeding my garden when it needs to be weeded. Now....those jobs are not really for high level intellects like myself, anyway, I hate getting my hands dirty : ) Some people do these tasks very well and I respect them for it (kinda). Haven't you ever felt a sense of anger when confronted by someone who couldn't fulfill a task for you because they really should have been a gardener or something? I mean...you can stick a suit on a monkey if you like...but can that monkey balance your accounts??? I rest my case : )

All I am saying is....each person is born into a particular place and station in life....I just think they should stay there!
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 am

Even Epsilons are useful. We couldn't do without Epsilons. Every one works for every one else. We can't do without any one …
Back to top Go down
SpeLLBoUnD
Bloggers
Bloggers
SpeLLBoUnD

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 am

i know you think i'm a bleeding heart space, but i believe in karma and i don't see the harm in being nice to people, even those "beneath" you.

I look after lawyers, doctors, bank managers.. even a lady with a fine art degree who is reduced to colouring in childrens books, dementia doesn't discriminate, maybe you shouldn't either?
everyone has a job to do, most of us do what we enjoy - being judged for cleaning a toilet is just shitty (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 am

I have been told there are very few true examples of irony.

Today I went outside.

I have an old bird feeder hanging from the apple tree that I haven't used in a while as I realized I was only humoring my cat with it and I got tired of cleaning up feathers in the house.

But today I thought, why not? Its winter still, and I still have 25 lbs of bird seed. So I put in a bit of seed, adding some sunflower seeds from my garden. I sit in the sun and watch as birds flock to the feeder.

Then a red tail hawk swoops down and grabs one. Misses my head by inches.

Question: Is this irony?
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 am

Look...let's get it right...I am not saying 'epsilons' have no value....neither am I discriminating or looking down on people at all.

I respect anyone who offers something worthwhile to society - be it cleaning a toilet or running the government.

What I am saying is.....more people want to run the government than clean the toilet...that's all!! Even people who don't have the capacity to run the government, but are dab hands at cleaning toilets -- aspire to, and want to run the government!!

Worst of all...in this age of 'equality' some people believe that it means all people are the same and have the same capacity. That is BS. Equality means that everybody has the same opportunities -- but what they achieve is based on their capacity (which varies from person to person).

Consider this quote from Karl Marx: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. Now that's what I believe!!
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 am

I don't understand why you guys are talking about Epsilons at all. This was a post on career choices. If I wanted to talk about sororities or fraternities, I would have posted a story about my days as a Gamma Phi in college.
Back to top Go down
Serious_Plaguer
Bloggers
Bloggers
Serious_Plaguer

Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today   Today EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 am

Dementia doesn't discriminate! Precisely the point!! It takes a sound mind to "discriminate"!
Back to top Go down

Today
Page 1 of 1