Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

Japan..

Go down 
5 posters

Which country will give send the most aid to Japan after last night's earthquake?
China
Japan.. Vote_lcap0%Japan.. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
United Kingdom
 0% [ 0 ]
Bulgaria
Japan.. Vote_lcap33%Japan.. Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
The Netherlands
 0% [ 0 ]
Germany
 0% [ 0 ]
Iran
 33% [ 1 ]
France
 0% [ 0 ]
India
 0% [ 0 ]
USA
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:31 pm

I am betting it will be Bulgaria or one of those Islamic nations known for their humanitarian efforts... Any takers?
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:16 am

I voted the USA....I think relations between the US and Japan are pretty good these days. The US is also the largest and wealthiest of the countries represented.

Of course...a lot of this depends on whether the poll is based on overall contribution or 'per capita' contribution.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 am

I have always loved the per capita argument.

I did say aid, and not just money.. So that can be all inclusive if that makes you people in smaller countries feel better. I am sure Bulgaria can contribute in other ways.. maybe they have a bunch of stolen medical supplies they can donate?

I think given the recent topics on this board I should edit the poll to ask people of which faith will do more... that would fit in with the overall theme going on in a lot of the posts.

I am betting Muslims are already loading up supplies to send to the tapioca colored infidels... Don't you think?

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:43 am

Well I didn't mention money either...I said contribution...which can come in many forms...but can still be itemised in a monetary sense if we want to calculate 'amounts'. Since your poll is asking people to consider 'amounts'...it seems the natural thing to do.

But let's not get smug about this. You know why you set up the poll, and so do I. You want to illustrate how much more the USA contributes compared to other countries. I don't know how much each country contributes to any natural disaster - I don't know if Muslims are less giving than Christians - so it will be interesting to find out.

Of course I bring up 'Per Capita'. A country can only contribute aid in accordance with the means at its disposal. I refer you to the bible for inspiration on this: Mark chapter 12, Verses 41-44 gives a great indication of how individual contributions are measured in the eyes of God.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 am

I can edit the poll (maybe?) and take the US off of it if that makes people feel better.. I agree, it probably isn't fair to include us in it.

We can redifine the parameters however you like as well. If you would like to go with the per capita argument.. ok fine. But if we are going to do that.. We are certainly going to have to take in to account what happens well beyond the initial surge of support that will pour in from around the world in the next couple of months. We can cap it at 2 years? Sound fair?

Yes, you are correct though.. I am making a point on how there is a definite negative slant towards the west and how a few perceive the rest of the world being treated by "us" on this forum. Am I saying that every post is inaccurate? Of course not, some are. However, my point still remains that people should clean up their own back yards before talking trash about someone else's. You can call it smug if you like, that is fine. I just find all the skewed posting to be rather laughable.
Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:43 am

Well.
Bulgaria is out of this list think so It cant help people here what aboput people over there HEH .My guess will be Usa of course (how else Usa will be so great in the eyes of so many people ) : )
BUT if i have to admit i have no idea if the other countries are helping such a things or not .Either i know if Bulgaria will send some humanitary help or money or whatever .
About this : I am sure Bulgaria can contribute in other ways.. maybe they have a bunch of stolen medical supplies they can donate?
Well i will say this : whats is worse Simon helping with stolen medical things or "helping" in the american way of bombing and invading some country ?
Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Just to satisfate yor curiosity Simon ...watched now our news and the speech of our premier .Bulgaria is sending some group of firemen in Japan ,and some medical dunno hows called that group to help the victims there .
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Bulgaria should send some of their organised crime syndicates to help with humanitarian aid, such as the distribution of food. Since they are 'organised', they will probably operate better than the local Japanese authorities in this regard. No doubt they have good relations with the Japanese Yakuza, who will probably be out there doing exactly that, just like they did in Kobe in 1995.

And to other countries:
- Don't send doctors, because they won't have proper accreditation to work in Japan.
- Don't send sniffer dogs to find people in the wreckage, because they will be far too late to be effective once they've waited for the mandatory quarantine period.
- Don't send anyone who operates from pneumatic-tyred vehicles (such as firemen and paramedics). Much better off to send caterpillar-tracked bulldozers equipped with gun turrets, to muscle past the official roadblocks set up in arbitrary places, and to drive over the crowds of civilian vehicles blocking all available roads because they are trying to drive back *into* the disaster zone.

Or maybe the Japanese Government has learnt its lesson since 1995 and actually has a clue about how to handle the aftermath of large natural disasters now ...
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:54 am

I am confident the Iranians will come thru for Japan. However, as Nashi said, I don't think Japan needs much aid. They have built for this sort of distruction already and it doesn't look like a lot of damage was done. This isn't Haiti folks. These people will be up and running in no time.
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Heartssss wrote:
I am confident the Iranians will come thru for Japan. However, as Nashi said, I don't think Japan needs much aid. They have built for this sort of distruction already and it doesn't look like a lot of damage was done. This isn't Haiti folks. These people will be up and running in no time.

Except that I thought I was saying the exact opposite. I was caught up in the Great Hanshin Earthquake of 1995 and I saw with my own eyes just how unprepared Japan was to handle the aftermath of a large earthquake.

Oh yeah and I saw how they "build for this sort of destruction" too. By reinforcing their so-called quake-proof elevated expressways with *timber* instead of steel. Which became embarrasingly clear when those elevated expressways promptly fell over when the shocks hit.

Let's see:

- Japan has been constantly pushed as one of the most prepared countries in the world to handle earthquakes.
- Modern nuclear power stations (particularly those in Japan) have all sorts of safeguards built in to make them safe in the event of something going wrong.

And so the earthquake and tsunami hit, just as everyone knew they would eventually, and what happens? THE SAFEGUARDS FAIL !!!

Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm just glad in Southern California we are better prepared and don't have any nuclear power plants.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Well E.. I am glad that you are ok and seemed to fair well through the massive 30 foot tsunami that was heading for the Pacific Coast...

Personally, I was hoping The Higher Power/ Supreme Being was going to give Los Angeles a good douching like it gave New Orleans a few years back.

Come on Nashi, don't be so harsh. Glitches happen in even the best designed systems.
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:04 am

Sim0n wrote:
Come on Nashi, don't be so harsh. Glitches happen in even the best designed systems.

Oh well Simon when you put it like that, I guess it's all okay.

"It's just a glitch."

Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Three mile island was a glitch. What Japan has is a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:40 pm

These are the minor risks we must take in order to have clean energy. Besides, they help save the polar bears.
I fully support nuclear power plants. I just don't think my own back yard is the best place for them to be built.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Heartssss wrote:
I'm just glad in Southern California we are better prepared and don't have any nuclear power plants.

What would be awesome in Los Angeles would be nuclear powered subway cars!
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 am

I fully support nuclear power too, despite these risks. As long as its american or german built. Asian countries build cheap shit.
Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 am

haha heartss ,
"yeah sure that Asian countries build cheap chit" ..hey arent these things in Japan builded by american corporation?

Last edited by maggie4818mag on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 am

No maggie. I am afraid of asian nuclear power because they build cheap shit and when their crap breaks, the world is affected. Why do you always bring americans starting a war into everything?
Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

Japan.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan..   Japan.. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 10:52 am

just to add seems there is misunderstanding bteween hearts and me ....seems she talks for something and i talk for something else .anyway have no clue about the nuclar how safe is according to heartss ......or is not .

PS and yeah americans wil start war everywhere into everthing for everthing
Back to top Go down

Japan..
Page 1 of 1