Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God

Go down 
+3
Sim0n
spacemariner26
Na_nashi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God Empty
PostSubject: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 am

I just saw the following on a Facebook page dedicated to remembering the victims of the recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan:

"From Texas: my prayers are with y'all in Japan. There is a spiritual law that says that out of every trajedy comes something beautiful. As difficult as that is to think of right now, the people and country of Japan will be stronger from this disaster. I am praying for all the hurting people. Lord, stop the spread of radiation now!"

If God needs to put people through this sort of devastation and torment to prove a point, then He is one helluva sick bastard.

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:24 am

Would it be insensitive, apathetic, callous or accurate to say...

'He works in mysterious ways.'
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:31 am

spacemariner26 wrote:
Would it be insensitive, apathetic, callous or accurate to say...

'He works in mysterious ways.'

Well I'd personally discount the 'accurate' approach, obviously.

Though even then, by saying so, I fall into the trap. Apologists from Eusebius and Thomas Aquinas through to a guy I met at a political party function a month ago try to justify their faith through reason,which is ultimately a futile exercise. If it's faith, then it's faith. By definition reason doesn't come into it.

My unbelief stems from the fact that reason overpowers faith. Quite easily, too. Allah the Merciful and Compassionate is either the biggest blatant fecking hypocrite out there, or he doesn't exist and is the creation of man's imagination (vide Voltaire).

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I can understand your position.

However, Descartes applied his sublime mathematical 'reasoning' to finally deduce two absolutes - one that he has capacity for thought and the other that God exists.

Also...what about Intelligent Design theory? That is a 'reasonable' theory?
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 pm

z = z2 + c
god = duality + infinity
Math proves God with this equation.
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 am

I was going to respond to this but then i realized you two had taken it to some dumb level of name dropping and latinspeak or whatever in some lame attempt to one up each other and look intelligent in your own minds. So nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Doesn't matter Heartssss. I was winning the argument anyway.

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Huh? Name dropping? Trying to look intelligent? One-upmanship??

First of all I didn't even realise there was an argument!

Secondly...what did you expect? Something like this:

'Now Nashi..don't y'all mess with the Lord's name now ya hear...that's very bad and you are a bad man for saying it'

(PS: if we are talking about name-dropping: Eusebius, Thomas Aquinas, Allah the Merciful and Compassionate and Voltaire!!)

Last edited by spacemariner26 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmill_0909
cmill_0909

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:16 pm

She may have understood that.
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:55 pm

spacemariner26 wrote:

Something like this:

'Now Nashi..don't y'all mess with the Lord's name now ya hear...that's very bad and you are a bad man for saying it'

Oh that is what you meant.
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:05 pm

cmill_0909 wrote:
She may have understood that.

Nope
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Damn it Heartssss, I'm curious.

What were you going to post before you got annoyed with 'Name-dropping and latin-speak'?
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I was going to say "Dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum"- Descarte

The only latin I have ever needed to know, and the only phrase that ever made any sense. All philosophers are whacked, like all generalizations are false.

But ya'll just continue with the gobbledygook. Us dummies ( and by us dummies, I mean just me, cmill, don't go all charlie sheen on me) will just read and scratch my lil ol head.

Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Oh, and I think its silly for people to debate if there is a God or not. Waste of time.
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 pm

So...in essence....all you wanted to do was name drop and quote some Latin...lol?

Anyway...I think it's reasonable to debate the existence of God. Nashi made a good point...a point often made...how can a God allow certain things to happen? He either exists and is extremely cruel, apathetic, vain and hypocritical. Or...he doesn't exist. Since the world is divided, it seems, between those who shrug off Faith as superstitious mumbo jumbo, and those who have Faith, I think it's a valid debate.

Belonging as I do...to the superstitious camp...I quite enjoy having my Faith tested by reasonable questions. I had no real answer to Nashi's original post, so I answered with a cliche to start with. A cliche for a cliche -- because as Nashi knows that particular line of debate, and the answer I gave, is a well worn path.

But...that doesn't make it any less valid as a point for debate - especially in our time. Don't you find it odd...that even in these modern times, when we have evidence to prove that the very foundations of our belief systems are insecure, that many people who should know better still cling onto the concept of a God? Why?

Last edited by spacemariner26 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
cmill_0909
cmill_0909

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 5:25 am

I'm "winning" with my tiger blood and adonis dna...don't be jealous...LOSER.
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:02 am

LOL....

You are a high priest warlock banging 7 gramme rocks....cos that's how you roll!!!
Back to top Go down
meetme7
meetme7

PostSubject: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God    As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I just have a hard time deciding which God to worship...
Should it be the Old Testament God? Because that dude is just scary and will basically fuck your world up for pretty much nothing. How about the New Testament God? This God says "well I would prefer you to do it this way, but what the hell just believe in my son, the one I let you kill, and it is all good."

So, given the history of the Old Testamant God... It isn't hard to believe he would allow natural disasters to ruin the lives of people he supposedly loves. Plus, The New Testamant God is all about getting people to believe that Jesus can save them, what better time than when they are left with nothing! Praise be to Jesus for ALL things! Right?

Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

PostSubject: Re: As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God   As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:16 am

sigh ..
this for sure is not topic where i want say something .Starting from the title and ending with the comments .
Back to top Go down

As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be -- world without God
Page 1 of 1