Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

on subject of the spellbound one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpeLLBoUnD
Bloggers
Bloggers
SpeLLBoUnD

on subject of the spellbound one Empty
PostSubject: on subject of the spellbound one   on subject of the spellbound one EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Right.. all about me, i'm not really sure where to begin, i grew up riding horses, it was all i ever did when i was a preteen, teen and young adult, nothing else really interested me - my sister and i both rode in competitions and we had average success.. i still have about 5 shoeboxes full of ribbons and rosettes and certificates.. not sure why i keep them? to remind me i was once unafraid of taking a chance.. nothing like flying over fences taller than your head, with nothing between you and the ground than your balance (and a death grip on the mane of whichever horse) lol

so.. i met Jason at a pub when i was 20.. i know alot of you who know me won't find this at all surprising, but i actually fell off a barstool and landed on all fours in front of him.. that was how we met, and no.. i wasn't all that drunk! our relationship moved fairly fast and we had two kids within the next 4 years. I'd like to say life was great.. and it was for the first 5 years.. the next 7 weren't that great, i hate to say it, but i was a big freaking chickenshit for the last 14 years of my life (well 12 really, i've been less chickenshit for the past two) anyway i buried my head in the sand and accepted the verbal abuse and emotional wearing down as "normal" it was easier to accept it with two small kids than to move on into the big scary world by myself.. well that was until the abuse turned phyiscal.. now that scared me, what happened was bad enough to land me in hospital lying to the doctors "yeah i'm clumsly, i fell down the driveway" i'm sure he didn't believe me, and i could cheerfully go back in time and kick the living hell out of myself, especially in light of whats happened in the past two years..

during this time i took up fullbore target rifle shooting, something i was surprisingly good at.. i say surprisingly because i'm blind.. LOL i wear glasses to read, drive.. watch telly, i can see fine without them, just i see so much better WITH them, and wow.. can you believe it, i can aim a rifle at a target 1000 yards away and hit the dead center?!! amazing.. and no we don't use telescopic scopes in this sport.. just plain old fashioned iron sights.

so.. now two years ago i decided i couldn't live half a life anymore.. i couldn't live knowing i was a statistic and i couldn't stand the thought of my two beautiful boys growing up thinking it was normal to treat a woman as such. so i left.. scareist thing i've EVER done here i was at 32 all of a sudden alone.. and not only alone but alone with two boys to look after, but you know what? it wasn't that hard.. i was happier, my boys adjusted pretty well.. sure they missed their dad, but they could see him whenever they wanted. i didn't have any of the hard questions, their school work wasn't affected, in fact my youngest came out of his shell, started playing soccer, his school work improved.. and just generally seemed a different kid, in a more positive way.

then i met my current partner.. who is beautiful.. hes great with the kids, hes great with me - hes just great, we moved in together in december.. and its still great!!

the last two years have been pretty great.. jason is still heaping shit on me, as well as dragging the boys and i through the court system, he also tries to guilt me at every turn, if he doesn't like the way somethings going he turns nasty (verbally only) but i've come to realise that that is HIS problem, its not mine.. and never really was, i just made it mine - and this has helped me in dealing with him, realising that i don't have to deal with him, who would have thought i'd get so much safisfaction in not entering an arguement with him?..

I live near the beach now.. and we are considering getting a dog, maybe next summer.. oh who am i kidding? we are definitely getting a dog next summer! weeee
Back to top Go down
VictoriaMV

PostSubject: Re: on subject of the spellbound one   on subject of the spellbound one EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 am

Becca,

I can’t tell you how brave I think you are. It took real courage to take those steps to set yourself and your boys free. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to take three lives into your hands and say. It’s enough!

Vic
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: on subject of the spellbound one   on subject of the spellbound one EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 am

Well Becca, reading your bio sent a chill down my spine. I can’t begin
to think what you have been through, then to face what’s happening
and get out with your children single handed and to openly speak about
it, good on you girlie, lot of admiration for you.

Not only have you shown you CAN get out of situations like that, you have
also spoken about it and you never know, you could have helped someone
in a similar situation who may have read your bio and thought hey if Becca
can do it with her 2 children, I can too.

I am fortunate not to have been in this kind of situation, however, we all
know it happens all over the world and most are afraid to speak about it,
abuse, mental, physical, of any kind is unforgiving and sickening, lord only
knows what triggers it.

You have done the hardest thing by getting out and speaking about it, the
custody/court battle is a doddle compared to what you have been through
sweetheart and yes HE does have a problem, always remind yourself of that
when you see him in court and remind yourself the courage you had to leave
him and take the children with you single handed.

It’s fantastic that you have moved on with another partner way to go, I
sincerely hope that you now have the life with your children and new partner
not forgetting the new member of the family come summer (hehe) you wish for : )

Hope all your dreams come true Smile

CwAzY aka CrAzY
Back to top Go down
TheLegend
TheLegend

PostSubject: Re: on subject of the spellbound one   on subject of the spellbound one EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:20 pm

As far as spellyass is concerned, I would add that she is a drama llama, has a plump rear end and a sister that is WAY funnier than her. Obviously some of the last few years have been hard on her, and that is why she feel in love with her Thunderpookie online.

Never forget spellyass - you do weigh good.
Back to top Go down
SpeLLBoUnD
Bloggers
Bloggers
SpeLLBoUnD

PostSubject: Re: on subject of the spellbound one   on subject of the spellbound one EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 10:58 pm

lolll omg you are such an ass.. but you make me laugh so i keep you around
Back to top Go down

on subject of the spellbound one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Section - Blogs, Diaries, Pics and all that jazz :: Members' Section - About You-
Jump to: