Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

Delirium or just mad?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delirium

Delirium

Delirium or just mad? Empty
PostSubject: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:38 am

Hi All.

Space asked me to post something so here it is.

I will post more when I get a chance. Possibly a little soon for me to post personal stuff as I havent really known you all that long.

Rest assured I will post more as time goes by.

Del.

PS. it took me 20 minutes to find out how to post so dont expect much!
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:05 pm

lol Hey Deli and welcome to the forum.

I personally will look forward to your posts, as you
can see there is already a lot to look at.

Hope you enjoy : )

CwAzY aka CrAzY
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Welcome Del.....

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to post!!!

Look forward to your continued participation : )
Back to top Go down
Delirium

Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:08 am

So what lead me to this community?

I have been involved in some sort of card game on a regular basis since being a small boy, a very long time ago I may add. Earliest recollection would be the customary Sunday visits to the relatives who seemed hundreds of years older then me. I am sure you remember those days; roast dinner on the table at 1 o’clock on the dot. The customary afternoon nap always made me laugh; watching a dozen oldies snoring in the chairs. Not so funny was the custom of not being allowed out on a Sunday afternoon to escape the room full of snoring corpses. The open fireplace gave me endless fun however, with the competition with myself on what would burn the quickest when thrown in. Usually my fingers won that one if I wasn’t careful!

Back to the point in hand. After the wake up and customary cup of tea we were all treated to various games of cards. Most of them were named after some alcoholic drink and often a mixture of the two. Gin Rummy being a particular favourite and the card game wasn’t too bad either. We did play hearts but I think it was called crubs then. An 8 year old lad always got confused between crubs and crib but soon learned one had a block of wood with pins in it and usually came hand in hand with a slap round the ear when I played the wrong way.

University was a great place for learning how to play cards. Points usually meant alcohol, or if we were lucky led to removing a piece of clothing. If we were really lucky it involved a member of the opposite sex removing a piece of clothing. Oh how I’ve grown up since then!

Oh how I was excited when the first computers came along and these games were added to our operating systems. Remember Microsoft Gem? The forerunner of Windows 3.1? OK so you aren’t that old. Even gem had hearts!

In the past couple of years I have had cause to use the PC fairly heavily and the temptation to play the games got just that little too much. And to my amazement they included an internet version of the game. What a disappointment! Players who kept leaving the game together with chat windows that have pre-set sayings. Yes that’s right! You get to click on what you want to say from a selection of phrases. I had so much fun!

It was then suggested by a couple of teenagers who are into online gaming that I try and look for some gaming sites online. At this point the Mission Impossible theme should start playing because it wasn’t by any means easy. Either the site wanted to reduce the weight of my wallet or the software was worse than my ability to use it. Do you have any idea how many sites come up when you use a search engine? Try it sometime; it will keep you occupied for days, even years. Eventually I ventured into a site (yahoo I think) and finally coaxed someone into giving me a couple of sites to try.

So there I was, sitting in safe harbour; not a clue what to do or what to say until I ventured into the ladder room. The rest is history! I am still finding my feet but it’s a lovely way to pass the time away!
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 am

Awwww deli me old chap, no idea what crubs is lol must have been WAY before
my time hehe.

I remember the first time when you came into ladder room and like you said it
wasn't that long ago, teaching you what the slang words meant such as lol etc
etc, was totally nothing to feel embarrased about, cause sometime or other
a vast majority of us were in same position, altho I imagine some would not
admit to it lmao.

I also hope you find the online experience a lot of fun, I do, admittedly there
are moments but hey that's life. Along the way met some real nice people, few
me and my husband have met in real, as with everything there is always
A or some bad apples wanting to spoil things, no doubt i'm sure in time you will
see this for yourself, best is to rise above it.

Good luck!!!

CwAzY
Back to top Go down
Delirium

Delirium

PostSubject: Re: Delirium or just mad?   Delirium or just mad? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 am

Thanks Crazy.

I am having fun with the game and getting to know people. Some eye openers already!

I do hope this forum doesn't go quiet.
Back to top Go down

Delirium or just mad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Section - Blogs, Diaries, Pics and all that jazz :: Members' Section - About You-
Jump to: