Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

What is your occupation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CwAzY

CwAzY

What is your occupation? Empty
PostSubject: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:39 am

What is your Occupation?

Okay, since as some think they know what people do for a living
(think being the key word here), lets hear it from the horses mouth so to speak : )
Also housewife is a occupation too.

I work in accounts I have done all my working career, been with same company now
for almost 19 years, the company is import/export of fashion clothing, my position is
Accounts Manager, company I worked before this one was a stationery company for
ones who do not know what stationery is, it’s paper, pens, envelopes, you know everyday stuff.

I meet monthly targets, sales and purchase ledger both computerised and manual systems,
credit control , eec listings, instrastat, POE, and much more then not forgetting the good old
“general office duties”.

Simon my husband well he is an Electrical Engineer, he checks electrical goods from large stores
in relation to safety before being sold to the public, he identifies any problem that may occur, then
dismisses or approves the said item/items, many checks are done for safety. As for working with
computers?? That was 4 years ago lol and wasn’t just computers was repair of tills, printers and so on.
So basically he does not sit in front of a pc (oops), sowwy to disappoint some, lmao.

Items that he checks can be from lighters, Irons, kettles, exercise bikes practically everything,
list is endless, even Christmas trees and lights.

I enjoy working gives you a sense of self satisfaction. Yes can be hard, has it’s moments
running a house, ie cooking, cleaning, washing and so on , pfft you’d think working full time
and housewife/house owner the fairies would come and do these chores lol. Which I am sure
this applies to most working people.

Look forward to knowing what your occupation is : )

CrAzY

Last edited by CwAzY on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nicky

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:37 pm

erm u really wanna know wat i do lmao ohhh errmmmm welll

im a qualified nursery nurse worked in a private day nursery for 6 yrs i think untill i decided to go into fostering.

now i foster fulltime . i do the usual everyday house work and things in house. then just for excitement i go to reviews and meetings , medicals and hospital appointments. and when all thats done and lilman is in bed i am ment to fill in his medical forms risk assessment fors acident forms if there has been any anddddddddddd do a daily diary on how things are going ( boring lol ) .

ppl think just cause i sit at home and dont actually leave house that im not working but ha i get paid to stay at home .its even funnier when im told to go out and get a life and a job ermmmmmmmmmmmmm im actually doing my job as i sit on internet hehehehehe.

also some ppl think just cause im a single mum im on benefits blah blah well im not lol
Back to top Go down
SpeLLBoUnD
Bloggers
Bloggers
SpeLLBoUnD

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 am

I am one of those housework faeries that crazy wants.. basically the company i work for does anything you want around the house, from feeding your pets, to oven cleaning.. i also get to go grocery shopping with other peoples money.. which nicely fulfills my need to spend money - i should also mention i'm head fairy hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 3:49 am

merry christmas

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 4:45 am

Lolololol hehe becca. you're hired!!!

Sooo the rumours are not true then lolol.

I can imagine it is an exhausting job Lillie, in the same sense rewarding too.

Rewarding, knowing that you have done your utmost best to help a child in
need today.

All career's have it's ups and downs, including mine, I get a buzz when I
finally receive a cheque for a debt or a POE which I have been chasing
for a long time. Gives you a sense of self satisfaction.

I would think you get a buzz knowing that you have helped a child, yes
has it negatives, mentally I mean on you, but that counteracts the good
that you have done : )

CrAzY
Back to top Go down
nicky

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 am

hmmm lillie ive said this a hundred times but when u coming to england to assess my lil darling hehehee.lilman had an educationl thingy person come to the house to assess him at home and at school and at respite.their finding where quite funny as in basically he didnt like his teacher or the class . . i have had to fight again to get professionals involved with him ie speech and language they seem to wanna help the children who can speak but just need that lil bit extra help where as lilman is trying his hardest to say words and he wasnt even on the long list. lilman is always been refered to the behavioural team and lol by time they see him his behaviour has settled they discharge him and wham 6 months later he is escalading again. they have now seen the pattern and i can now self refer when i need advice .

i can imagine how draining your job can be lillie unlike some jobs your job doesnt finish at 5 pm and start again at 9 am .
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: What is your occupation?   What is your occupation? EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 7:07 am

Lol nicky that a dig at me??? 9am to 5pm??? pffttt.

And if it was a dig at me, you can shove that dig right where the sun
don't shine : )

Seriously though I do agree. Meaning that kind of career does not end
when you clock out at the end of your shift.

CrAzY
Back to top Go down

What is your occupation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion Topics :: The Big Issues-
Jump to: