Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

getting old .....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

getting old ..... Empty
PostSubject: getting old .....   getting old ..... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am

i guess some of you are gone into this period but i am going into it very hard and i HATE IT .I feel how i am getting old ,how things are changing with the time ,how i change (wrinkles ,white hair and etc ) .Not even this bothers me so much ,but lifes goes so fast .....was liek yestraday i born my daugher and now she have her own life ,soon she wont need me as much as she did ,and then what will left ?.empytiness dangity ..Thats make me crazy .The last 2 years i started think what i did in my life ,what i didnt .....what i want to do and wil i do it ..I try always to pay attention to the little nice things in the life ...some nice songs ( Simon ,Space ,and Nashi and Cmile do you not comment on this ) heh ,
the sun ,the clouds the rain ,the smiles of loved people and etc ... are left to make me smile .is like losing form and all what is doing now is to work and work .Puts al my efforts in my work not to be free to think ....then i get messed with my mind ( which is often happend lol ) .
They say freedom is good NO IS NOT ...i dont want to have one min free to think ...
With the time wil get worse i know ..but well i just hate it now ..in my 20 i didnt have any onf these thoughs ........
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

getting old ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting old .....   getting old ..... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:00 am

You know Maggie...getting older isn't so bad -- I guess!!!

I had a hard time arriving at 40. I started to panic at 38 to be honest, and I still don't really like it.

My wife, on the other hand, had a wobble when she turned 30 but hasn't been bothered by it since. Not much anyway. I guess my telling her she is still as beautiful as ever each day helps with that : )

You are right about the rate at which kids grow though. When I walk around with my 15 (nearly 16) year old son -- I can't help remembering that it feels like yesterday when I carried him around in my arms showing off my firstborn to all and sundry. Now he is as tall as me and still growing. He 'thinks' he is as smart as me with his comebacks and one-liners. Now....I watch him play his video games when before he used to watch me. When we get out our guitars to have a jam session -- I no longer have to teach him chord patterns or musical notation -- in fact he is able to show me a few new tricks himself.

Despite all of that -- growing older isn't SO bad. I am still able to flirt confidently with women much younger. At work...I am taken much more seriously these days. As a young administrator, leading a large team of professionals, it was more difficult to get respect because people thought you didn't have the experience required. Now I find they automatically trust me.

I can have meaningful conversations with my children. No patronising required anymore -- they get the more sophisticated jokes. Instead of having to be patient while my son learns a set piece of music - now we can have a full blown jam session and lose ourselves in the music. I still can't get used to boys who give my daughter 'attention' -- I scare them with scowls and frowns -- maybe that will come in time.

No, getting older has some benefits. I still miss being in my 30s -- but fk it...I'm still beautiful and intelligent, so who cares : )

Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

getting old ..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: getting old .....   getting old ..... EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 am

well i understand what ya mean sugar ....but well i guess some people go into it easier then others : )
And i miss being in my 20 but as you say F it i am stil beautiful and smart and etc heh
I get in panic these days when my daugher is on the village and thats first time we are separated .She talks to me like an adult on the phone ( was like yestraday i changed her diapers damn ) now she keep saying to me "relax mom ,take deep breath i am ok i can care for my self ".I started see her as an aduolt and thats scare me ..she is still my little baby : )
Out last convo was so funny i said her you miss me so much ,she said same and then she said YOu wont feel like that if you make me brother ! I lost my words ,I started yell then laugh ...then get mad lol
anyway getting old is damn f thing and i dont like it .
Back to top Go down

getting old .....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Members Section - Blogs, Diaries, Pics and all that jazz :: Maggie's Blog-
Jump to: