Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction Empty
PostSubject: SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction   SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 am

merry christmas

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction   SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Now this is a tricky one!!!

I can, to some extent, understand if people were offended by remarks that are anti their nation. Since you have not posted the 'discussion' itself, it's hard for me to offer an opinion regarding what was said.

However, I do have a problem with the manner in which you were approached about the subject. I find myself wondering - was the owner of the site really involved in this at all? Is this a smoke screen that was used by this particular moderator to express her own feelings, or the feelings of her friends -- deflecting the focus onto the owner and not accepting responsibility for their own opinions.

I say this because, if I was the owner of the site and I felt justifiably offended or even bothered about what you had said, I would almost certainly make my feelings known to you personally. After all, you are Head Admin on his/her site, not just an ordinary member. Unfortunately, I suspect that the owner has never been aware of the remarks you made and that others complained about you and this was the best way that the moderator felt they could raise the issue with you.

In addition, I agree with you that many people make derogatory comments about other nations. As an example, I am quite aware of one particular person from Bulgaria who is referred to as a goat and attacked with goat references on a daily basis. Another person from Germany is constantly called kraut and references made to the Second World War and Nazism. Has the owner of the site, if he/she even reads the logs, no opinion on these examples? If attacking people's nationality is such an issue, is it included in the rules of the site and are punishments dealt out equitably whenever such incidences occur?

If the moderator in question gets an opportunity to read this post, I hope they can offer an answer to these questions.

Spacemariner26
Back to top Go down
addi

PostSubject: Re: SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction   SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:16 am

and if the owner of that site only cares about remarks made
towards Americans , i find it strange no 1 ever gave me a slap
on the wrist...cuz god knows i did my fair share to ridicule my
fat american friends Smile
Back to top Go down

SHG: From promised land to unilateral restriction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion Topics :: WGC, SHG and Nidink Related Discussions-
Jump to: