Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

What are your views and thoughts on WGC?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CwAzY

CwAzY

What are your views and thoughts on WGC? Empty
PostSubject: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:32 am

I personally quite like WGC, few things that I wish they had, but
hopefully in time they will update the system.

The pluses (or whichever you wish to call them) so far I have seen
them to be very good and funny people, like to join in the conversations
etc, and as we know Pinkie is a great lady who loves a good laugh as well
as doing her duties on World Gaming Center. Obviously I can’t
comment on all the pluses cause I have not had the pleasure to see them,
but the ones I have seen so far have not in any way been power hungry
and we are treated like the humans which we are.

I have noticed a “donation” section, I would be more than happy to contribute
IF I had the assurance that my contribution would go to helping with the
bots for hearts, and IF I knew would go towards the maintenance of them too, would
also love to see emots etc, must admit I kinda miss them.

SOOO if anyone from WGC reads this, please give your thoughts and intentions
on the bots, as you already know we have a ladder and really just waiting for the
go ahead from you, and IF a contribution was made how would we know whether
it would go to helping with the bots? I’m sure that not only myself will help to
contribute, others will too.

CwAzY
Back to top Go down
pinkie1

PostSubject: Re: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:08 am

Hugs Crazy, sorry for the delay. I passed all your requests at the development department, there answer was (about bots) that wont be long now because the bots for spades are almost done and working in test room.
In what emoticons, friends list concerned, we should have them while the new client will be ready. We are all very frustrated because we were supposed to have the new client months ago (for more information here is a link to a post one of the owners (and the big boss of wgc posted): http://wgcenter.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?8761), but as you know they are all volunteers
About WGC? What can I tell you? The fact that they accepted me, and they still do despite my criticism shows me that they DO listen and they want to make it better. I will tell you what I like here tho: players are not at the discretion of a plus or manager. They treat very carefully the abuse , despite all those complaining, I know that we really try to be fair.
I was very happy when some of you came back, and I want you to stay and make this room bigger not because you can't go to another site, but because WGC will be the best choice.
Pinkie
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 am

Thank you for your input pinkie much appreciated.

I know these things take time and can become frustating and am sure
WGC are doing the very best they can : ).

With regards to the "donations", I would be very interested to know
whether say for instance I was to donate which I would be very happy
to do so, would it go towards the bots for hearts and would there be
reassurance that it has? Selfish as it may seem which I'm sure
many will also agree, if one was to donate a substantial amount of
hard earned money i'm pretty much sure like myself they would
want it to go to the game they play ie Hearts and not games they
don't play, if you see my meaning, stands to reason if you think
about it.

Or is the donations a whole site thing, where it gets divded
into each different game? which I could kinda understand, if
that was the case, then like you said with spades having bots,
all be it test bots, surely each game should have test bots too?

CwAzY
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:30 am

Oh man....I've been meaning to reply to this post for ages. Sorry it took so long cwazy.

My thoughts on WGC....

I like the majority of staff here. On the whole, they are so much more measured than others I have encountered. I agree with Pinkiee....I do believe they listen. Sure they made mistakes in the past...but nothing to the level and extent that I have seen in SHG or Nidink. I knew that WGC was a site with some vision from my first few days. I say vision, because they were trying to build a community ethos. Sure, we may mock the bashes that are arranged - but that is some commitment on their part for organising such things and taking the bs we spew at them for doing so? Now compare this vision for community with SHG....yes you got it...there is a distinct LACK of vision there.

Some of my detractors ask....if you get banned from WGC, where will you go next. Hmmm...let's consider that for a second. I have never been banned from WGC, and I don't think I will ever really give them good cause to do so. I don't present a problem to their security - all I ever do is say a few things that brush the edges of acceptance. I almost certainly will be gagged at some point...but that's ok by me...I know I am not an angel. Having said ALL that, if I do get banned, sure I will seek somewhere else to go - so what? I doubt if anyone else will come with me unless it's for the same retarded reasons that SHG banned me.

When people like Addi have asked me that question in the past, I have thought why the hell are you guys asking me that? I think after a while people start believing the hype....space gets banned from every site...space left WGC cos he was banned. As I know, and WGC knows, I was never banned...I wasn't even the one who had the issues with WGC - that was blue, nashi, brad etc...who had some vested interest in SHG. I left to go to SHG for two reasons - the gameplay appeared to be better and some of my friends had moved over and asked me to. It is a decision I regret - WGC had been hospitable and we all turned our backs on it for that rat infested, cheap, tacky themed shithole called SHG.

I look forward to the improvements that will be made in WGC. I thank Nina for fighting our corner and waiting for us to return. I think WGC can have the community spirit that SHG blindly messed up. We just have to hope that WGC don't allow the same people - who ruined their site in the first place, then destroyed SHG - to come back and spread their malicious bullcrap again. After all, the evidence shows that they follow us around like the parasites that they are. If it was up to me...I would just never let them in. I bet you my bottom dollar that if they go to another site, they will not be able to draw nearly as many people as we are able to. Good Luck WGC!!
Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

PostSubject: Re: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Well i dont think i have somethng more to add to what crazy or space said ...
BUt i know from my own experience ,after so much gags in WGC to get until ban takes a lot ...
I dont mind the gags ..i cussed ,i broke some rules and etc ..but when they gag me they first warn me ,i dont need to send emails to ask OMG why what i did and etc .
Me personally was banned for one month in WGC for posting information how to get around ban (laughing ) ,i had no idea i am posting exactly that ,and didnt know thats like treathing the site ..anyway BUT before this ban i get warning ,then i get gag and when i didnt shut up they banned me .BUT again the reason was for the security ..like They told me .And i find the little gags for real fun ( rules are made to be broken ) .. coughs
I like that stuff in WGC are friendly ,they join our convos , not All the time like in SHG to tell me : enough ,take it off the main and all this BS .Now ,because i play not that often ,but can say that wgc need some improvement and etc for the games .
And never will forget how PInkiee after we left WGC ., she wanted me bring everybody back ..thats the eastern europians until they dont get what they want ..they dont give up ...well done Pinkiee
Maggie
Back to top Go down
Endrin
Endrin

PostSubject: Re: What are your views and thoughts on WGC?   What are your views and thoughts on WGC? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:15 am

Well Im guessing by the nature of the content of in which this post was originally formatted that it will not be coming back. I wonder what happened or what was WGC's response. Space you have my email address and if you have gotten a response I would be heart filled with warmth to hear it.
Back to top Go down

What are your views and thoughts on WGC?
Page 1 of 1