Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?

Go down 
+4
madelief_5
CwAzY
TheLegend
VictoriaMV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
VictoriaMV

What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

I responded in red MY thoughts of yesterday.
[2:25 PM] (Enter)> A_vengeance
[2:25 PM] (Enter)> Been_There_Too
[2:25 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ has the t-shirt
[2:25 PM] Bocor> <-- pissed in the pool
[2:26 PM] RC_Lillie> <--- cleaned it
[2:26 PM] VictoriaMV> better you than me!
[2:26 PM] RC_Lillie> i know Sad
[2:27 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ has held vomit
[2:28 PM] meetme7> lol
[2:28 PM] _CrAzY_> gg lol
[2:28 PM] Bocor> nw tom
[2:28 PM] Pinkiee> nw crazy ty tom, simon
[2:28 PM] tom74> nwin crazy
[2:28 PM] _CrAzY_> omg simon
[2:28 PM] _CrAzY_> sigh
[2:28 PM] Bocor> lolol
[2:28 PM] _CrAzY_> bish!
[2:29 PM] RC_Lillie> why is vic vomiting in my pool?
[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> you misunderstood... not in your pool! lol in MY hands
[2:30 PM] tom74> she looked at u i guess
[2:30 PM] _CrAzY_> lol tom
[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> wasn't even my vomit
[2:30 PM] _CrAzY_> sigh ya crazier than me tom
[2:30 PM] RC_Lillie> <------- shoves dinner aside
[2:30 PM] _CrAzY_> you really have some issue tom tom Sad
[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ laughin
[2:30 PM] Bocor> she was vomiting at me peeing in the pool
[2:31 PM] RC_Lillie> <---- not laughing i was actually enjoying my dinner until now
[2:31 PM] VictoriaMV> awwww lol
[2:31 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~~ laughin even harder now
[2:31 PM] _CrAzY_> rb
[2:31 PM] _CrAzY_> b
[2:31 PM] RC_Lillie> afk
[2:32 PM] (Exit)> Pinkiee
[2:33 PM] Bocor> Psst... no one tell Lillie i wiped a boogar under her dining table.
[2:33 PM] Bocor> er*
[2:33 PM] (Enter)> cmill_0909
[2:33 PM] Bocor> millie!
[2:33 PM] VictoriaMV> Good afternoon Millie : ))
[2:33 PM] tom74> lol simon
[2:33 PM] cmill_0909> hi simon
[2:33 PM] VictoriaMV> least you didn't eat it Simon...
[2:33 PM] cmill_0909> hi vic!!
[2:33 PM] cmill_0909> he was full from the others earlier
[2:34 PM] Bocor> well vic.. i am jsut saving it for later.. they are better once they have had time to get crunchy
[2:34 PM] cmill_0909> :-X
[2:34 PM] VictoriaMV> omg i'm making myself ill
[2:34 PM] _CrAzY_> back
[2:34 PM] _CrAzY_> hiya cmill Smile
[2:34 PM] Bocor> <-- will travel down whatever raod you want to travel down for as long as you want to travel it
[2:34 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ reached the limit
[2:35 PM] cmill_0909> hi crazy
[2:35 PM] Bocor> so what is for dinner Vic?
[2:35 PM] VictoriaMV> lol lol lol
[2:35 PM] (Enter)> TITLEIST_90
[2:36 PM] VictoriaMV> nothing until I get this imiage out of my mind.. lol
[2:36 PM] Bocor> lolol
[2:36 PM] VictoriaMV> Good afternoon Titleist : ))
[2:36 PM] Bocor> hi tit
[2:37 PM] cmill_0909> hi tit
[2:40 PM] RC_Lillie> hi millerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
[2:40 PM] _CrAzY_> hot summer's dayyyyyyyyyyyyy
[2:40 PM] VictoriaMV> finish your dinner lillie?
[2:40 PM] Bocor> lolol
[2:40 PM] RC_Lillie> fo vic
[2:41 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ in tears
[2:41 PM] RC_Lillie> i doubt it
[2:41 PM] VictoriaMV> seriously
[2:41 PM] RC_Lillie> from laughter
[2:41 PM] Bocor> from laughter
[2:41 PM] VictoriaMV> well yeah
[2:41 PM] Bocor> yeah
[2:41 PM] RC_Lillie> <--- not amused
[2:41 PM] Bocor> lol
[2:41 PM] RC_Lillie> but hey do continue
[2:41 PM] RC_Lillie> i ll be happy to ignore
[2:41 PM] Bocor> awww
[2:42 PM] Bocor> lol
[2:42 PM] VictoriaMV> don't scroll up
[2:42 PM] RC_Lillie> same goes for you simon

Fine, I'll bite.. lets take the first few lines of this text..[2:25 PM] (Enter)> A_vengeance
[2:25 PM] (Enter)> Been_There_Too
[2:25 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ has the t-shirt
[2:25 PM] Bocor> <-- pissed in the pool
[2:26 PM] RC_Lillie> <--- cleaned it
those two nics came in... I posted my comment because the been there nic was so similar to the saying... Been there, done that... got the t-shirt to prove it. Simon said.. he pissed in it.. and you said you cleaned it...
[2:26 PM] VictoriaMV> better you than me!
[2:26 PM] RC_Lillie> i know Sad
Next two lines... well.. I think they speak for themselves.. I was happy not to have had to do the nasty job.. However.. I did have sympathy for you (all joking of course on my part at least.) so I make the next comment.. about something gross that I have had to deal with being a parent. [2:27 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ has held vomit
[2:29 PM] RC_Lillie> why is vic vomiting in my pool?

looks to me like you are still playing along..

[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> you misunderstood... not in your pool! lol in MY hands
[2:30 PM] tom74> she looked at u i guess <~~~~ just his normal nasty comment

I guess this next part is when you stopped playing around... HOWEVER... I did not know that.. I really thought you were just playing.[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> wasn't even my vomit
[2:30 PM] _CrAzY_> sigh ya crazier than me tom
[2:30 PM] RC_Lillie> <------- shoves dinner aside
[2:30 PM] _CrAzY_> you really have some issue tom tom Sad
[2:30 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~ laughin
[2:30 PM] Bocor> she was vomiting at me peeing in the pool
[2:31 PM] RC_Lillie> <---- not laughing i was actually enjoying my dinner until now
[2:31 PM] VictoriaMV> awwww lol
[2:31 PM] VictoriaMV> <~~~ laughin even harder now

I actually thought you were joking right up until you left.. even the FO vic I thought you were joking..

I read the post before I seen you today.. and I wondered.. but as you say about my smiles... I could tell you actually were upset with me..
I'm sorry I took your participation in the same light I was making it in.. It won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
VictoriaMV

What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:55 pm

As I said in my reply.. it looked like you were playing along with it.. and to answer your question in the first post...

you could have pmed me and just told me I'm not taking this well, instead you let it continue until you were upset. I often have to pm someone to ask if what is going on is serious.. humor isn't always apparent when things look like it's a fight. BUT I do take the time to find out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 3:01 pm

merry christmas

Last edited by Lillie on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheLegend
TheLegend

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm

The whole idea of humor is to make you uncomfortable on some level. Great humor makes you laugh as a reaction. Think about why are there so many jokes about religion, race or something that make one person different from yourself. That is why comics find it easier to get laughs with cussing involved. By nature you know they are bad words and you laugh out of the subliminal guilt. Chris Rock says it well when he says "If no one is uncomfortable with your act, you’re probably not digging really deep into yourself. "

Josh Blue is a great example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9-VNOTJa4&feature=related or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uAs2KidfDg&feature=related
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 pm

I first read this last night but wanted to have a good
think about it before I posted my reply. You’re right it is a
tough one.

Tough in being, it applies to either online or in real, as we all
know online you can’t see the person behind the screen and
well people don’t know what kind of day they had etc etc. So if
a comment is made online which is was not meant to be
offensive, was meant to be a joke, I know that if you know the
person well enough they were not set out to offend you, evenso
depending on your state of mind at the time something was said,
one could find it humourless and take offence by it, I personally
have done this many times, and am sure will do it many more.

If something was said in real by someone who knows me very well,
It could be practically what may have been said on the above paragraph,
I probably would find this more offensive as this person knows me well
enough to known that i wouldn’t find this humour.

So basically, to me it depends on how well you know that person and know they
would not offend and only mean something in joking. I would say that I do
have a good sense of humour but really depends on your state of mind at that
point.

If Si was to say something to me and I didn’t find it funny cause of the mood I was
In, at first I would ensure he knew that I didn’t find it funny, but once I have calmed
down, I would talk to him and tell him that I didn’t find it funny and the reasons
why, this could be some hours later lol, again it boils down to your state
of mind.

If Lillie or someone else who knows me reasonably well was to say something and I
took offence by it, firstly I would go in a sulk and think geezee what was
that about, then more likely the next day, I will question her and really know
it was meant in a joke, but cause I can't see behind the screen I would take it
the wrong way. It's not so bad to sleep on it and question the next day providing
it's calm and open minded as in out of interest what it was about, cause Lillie
or that someone else would not really know they have offended me and meant it in
joking, again it's the state of mind of the time.

I hope this is kinda what you mean and looking for lilliekins..

CwAzY
Back to top Go down
madelief_5

madelief_5

PostSubject: Re: what does humor mean to you ?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:19 am

The usefullnes of humor is present in 4 matters:

1. Reduces the distance between you and another (increase teambuilding, faith)
2. Works relaxing (effectivily in tense situations)
3. Promotes creativity and sence of perspective
4. Can create a distance

The last can be assesed negatively , humor at the cost of others.
There is a limit i think
Concerning some matter you make simply no joke. (human suffering and animal suffering)

Humor is also processing of emotions.
Example fear.
If we make jokes about it , all seems less terrible.
Life isnt always a paradise and my experience is when you try to fight things with humor, you can handle a lot
Back to top Go down
Quilly

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:28 am

This is an easy one to answer, Lillie doesn't have a sense of humour. She was always someone that you could have a joke with, but talk about moody. These days she snaps at everyone, very similar to Space. Ever since Lillie thought she was so much better than everyone else, that is when she lost her sense of humour.
Lillie if you didn't find the conversation to your liking, then why not ignore until that conversation finished, rather than trying to make more enemies for yourself. Try watching some comedies and have a laugh for once. But this is the thing with the elite, it's all about fighting with others, why can't you lot just get along with other people. Try it some day, you might actually enjoy it.
I am glad Lillie that you have admitted to being a childish person. But you need to expand on your "quite moody" assessment. You are a lot more than "quite moody", talking to you is like walking on eggshells.
lol!
Back to top Go down
CwAzY

CwAzY

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:29 am

Sigh Quilly you never give up. You should try changing
the record once in a while, you never know you may enjoy
it : ) and you should also try reading the original
questions that was put out "What does humour mean to you?,
When is something funny? When is it just shocking or
hurtful?" << was the questions, NOT whether someone
has or has not got a sense of humour.

Seems you just find a post and try your best to attack
the person who has made the post, which really if you
think about it, is childish huh? and you call others
for attacking.

CwAzY
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Well, indeed a tough one...

Humour ha so many varieties...it can be used to cheer a person up, or to bring that person down...

I truly believe that humour can be a powerful tool, for either good or bad purposes.

Personally, i draw the line when it's used to ridicule someone, intentionally hurting that persons feelings.

Except for the above, pretty much anything goes for me.

It's an important part of freedom of expression & freedom of speech.

Humour allows us to criticize governments, religions, big corporations...

For many people (myself included) it can be a way of dealing with bad things in their life.

It often helps me to put things in perspective.
Back to top Go down
Delirium

Delirium

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 9:03 am

Being a bit of a trekkie, and Mr. Spock being a particular hero of mine, I quote:

Humour. It is a difficult concept. It is NOT logical.
Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?   What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful? EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:05 am

Well this has been a most interesting thread to read. Well done Liefy, Thomas, Legend etc - great posts!

The question was, 'What does humour mean to you?'

To Quilly it means Lillie. LOL. I reckon I could have started a thread about vegetable growing and Quilly would have talked about Lillie.

Quilly you poor sap, the more you protest that your world doesn't revolve around lillie, the more ironic each and every post you make becomes. Now, there is some humour in that - Quill's tragicomic existence.

So to answer your question Lillie....Humour is the very essence of life - it's how we deal with things that may be otherwise difficult to deal with. But I am not getting any further into this - it would take a dissertation to get my views across. So, I'll just stick to laughing at Quilly : )
Back to top Go down

What does humour mean to you? When is something funny? When is it just shocking or hurtful?
Page 1 of 1