Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
21st May and still no Rapture!!!  Good luck everyone....if the world ends...see you on the other side!  

all my posts about religion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

all my posts about religion  Empty
PostSubject: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:51 am

Doing that for some people in here ..will posts all my words about RELIGION what i have said .1)

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU SEE THAT I HAVE SAID that if you arent musilms YOU have to be killed !!!!!!!!!!!! IF you dont answer me to this means YOU are talking just BS and nothing with sense
POSTING ALL my words from all post for religion ..you can check it also ,if i missed something

1 )Well ....knows the discussion for religion is not good idea in net ..but today our admin .provoked me so will post something specially for him in here ,will try to explain to our admin my personal views about religion ..Not going even start whats Islam or whatever ...the question is not to talk about what Islam is or what Cristianity is ..the question is ..that i find for deffinetely wrong the statement that strong belivers have low intelect ..
Religion is a universal intellect, a guidance from beyond human reason and human experience.
So that he may survive and fulfill his functions as God’s vicegerent, man is empowered with three principal faculties. These are his appetites — for the opposite sex, offspring, livelihood, commodities, etc.; his anger or forcefulness in defense and struggle; and his power of reasoning or intellect. Since man is tested in his worldly life and has freedom of will, these faculties are not restricted in creation by God. However, man’s individual and collective happiness lies in his disciplining them for the sake of a harmonious, peaceful social life. Unless he so disciplines them, these faculties may drive man to immorality, illicit sexual relationships, unlawful livelihood, tyranny, injustices, deception and falsehood, and other vices. To prevent the chaos and suffering that must follow undisciplined exercise of human powers, man must submit to an authority that will guide and regulate his collective affairs. Since subjugating some people to others more wealthy and powerful means an open injustice and it is impossible for humankind to find out a justice to encompass all people, there is need for a universal intellect, a guidance from beyond human reason and human experience, to whose authority all may freely give their assent. That guidance is the religion revealed and perfected for man by God through His Prophets.
Many people have high level of intelect (here u have to difine what excatly means intelect - is a term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. There are several ways to define intellect. In some cases, intellect may include traits such as creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom ) and those people they can belive STRONG in their religion ...Some of those people they pray (In islam ), 5 times by a day,cristians in their church ..they believe the world came from Adam and Eve ,they believe everthing what you doing in this earth u will pay for it later in the eternity (Hell or Heaven ) and etc .
Many intellectuals assert that servanthood to God or religious life is a compensatory device contrived to console man for his own weaknesses and defects. Nevertheless, although modern man, armed with science and technology, entertains the illusion that he can be free of belief in and servanthood to a Supreme Being, and though he sees himself as a powerful one, yet he will, if it serves his self-interest, so far abase himself as to bow in worship before the meanest thing.

The sincere believer does not degrade himself to bow in worship before even the greatest of the created. He is a dignified servant of God who does not take as object of worship a thing of even the greatest benefit like Paradise. Though a modest servant, and gentle in his nature and his bearing, he does not lower himself voluntarily before anybody other than his Creator beyond what He has permitted. Though aware of his weakness and neediness before God, he is independent of others, because he relies upon the Wealth and Power of his One Master.
As a simple human what we all are we cant find all answers ..we have the capacity to use not more then 6 procent of our brain so Space_Phantom26 one thing is to have knowedge for many things ...very different thing is to want to go out of your limits ...even for you thats impossible : )
PP .we are humans..only humans well of course the smartess creatures in this World ....so i suggest that u start looking answers for yourself for examle :what more u can do in your life ?how u can improve yourself ,how u can help people ,how u will raise your kids,what u will leave after you ,how to find peace in your soul ,how u can make people around you happier , (so many questions u have to find the answer ) thats what with YOUR limited mind (laughing ) can do .Dont forget your ,our minds are limited if we were with 100 % working minds then we will be not humans .

2)Well i guess i shoulda say one big WOW : )and to end this subject like it started
Ty for all people sharing their views and of course like most know i am totaly disagree .
1) Simon ,your avatar is (not going even use programe to translate ) disgusting !thats so offending and so bad that i have no words to explain ..This kind of jokes with a Prophet like Jesus OFFEND every beliver (no matter crsitian or musilm ) ..not going dicuss your views is enough only to see the avatar : )
2 ) Space ,there is something what totaly shock me in your post :U have big Faith but u arent religious ..sigh ...a person who have faith cant say that : )one person can be religious or not ..everthing in middile is nothing :)U cant say u are beliver but u dont believe that the World comes from Adam and Eve .
3 ) Rach there are many peole who call themself belivers ..some belive in cows ..another belive in sky ..and etc ...thats not a religion is a group of people ..tolerating such a thoughs is simple a sin
4 ) G .eh G ,what i can say about your post ?! the only that between your and my views there is NO big difference : )u are cristian and i am musilm WE both knows whats religion and of course we have a questions about it but we find the answers in our Books .U have a homework ...100 years after Jesus was gone in Rom the Imperators deleted the last sentence in the BIble find out what was this sentence : )Thats the first chaging of the origianl Bible .
5 ) SI ,i am totaly agree with you that America and Uk make everthing for Its interest ..thats IN what i am not agree with Legend we have different views what exactly means terrorist ONLY God can take people lifes !!! God give birth God take it !!!!
6 ) Lilie if u didnt want to cuss ,,trust me i hardly hold myself to start cuss after reading your last post : )Relgion and Science are two things in ONE !!!!! In Religion there is No miracle .there is God power !!!Many things cant be explained with Science and u know that ..then they say Miracle ...but thats God !!! Religion is built in NON correction WOW .... there is nothing more correct then the Religion ...every law every rule in Bible or in Koran is CORRECT .The Relgion doesnt devide people ...Dont forget that cant all people go in Heaven ,Hell needs people too so : ).
Now to clear i did read many times Bible ...is very comon with the Koran and here i have to say something ....every translation to the Bible make it far from the original .Now about Koran if u dont read the Koran in arabic means u know nothing .I cant read it in arabic so my knowedge is very little cause in whatevere language i read it 30 years will be not enough to understand it .One letter changed in arabic the meaning is gone ...isnt like to type "delte "and you english people will know i meant "delete " .Nope One letter wrong means ANOTHER meaning ..
Well i was far from to start explain whats cristianity and Islam but after read all postings well ..You know people will pray for you all and that u find peace one day in your souls : )
AMEN
Maggie

Thomas ,
I was reading your post and lets say I am quiet surprised and shocked from all what u said …
I didn’t want to write anymore in this topic ,but your post provoked me reply .
“Are you serious? Lillie is SO right in stating that religion was and is used to keep the masses dumb and to have them follow their religious leader without questions.”
Thomas are u really believe everybody who belives means they don’t have questions ???
So me being musilm make me dumb ,I don’t have questions for my religion , ??Of course I do ,
There are so many questions which people have to ask and to know the answer .
“Religion has always been used to scare people, if you don't have facts to convince people, just scare the hell out of them (literally”
Religion isn’t made to scare people , religion have to make you better person , to make difference between the good and bad : ) because if u don’t believe Its means u can do whatever u want no matter what is it .. Of course people have to know, and that’s NOT to scare .is just that every move what they do ..there is count about that … there is God who watch .
“Are you going to stay a virgin till after you married? (I am assuming you're not married yet, sorry if i'm wrong)” Like a good catholic?
Thomas ,
Dear new member , I will accept this of your question like bad try to show us your sense of humor : )
I am not going even discus your last questions Thomas but me personaly find them for kinda offending .
I hope u will exuse my poor English , and I know your post was about Legend .but you just point out everybody who belives so I decided to reply
Maggie
4)Hello Thomas ,
Thank you for replying , i am not going discuss your post ,not going even go into that why your friend had to marry a virgin one and etc .Because i dont go into convos about what is Islam ,what people do in the name of the religion and etc
I know about my self , i care about my belives ,so u have the same rigth : )
Maggie
5)
yawn ..i think we had before same topic so no need to say something
And i think this subject is too personal .......and i am not going into same subject..doesnt worth the efforts ..i am believe in God ...i am Muslim and for me that's the right thing ..This what other think ..doesnt concern me
Maggie
6) Endrin i suggest that u read all this and u will know we discussed that before ..https://xxxgodxxx.forumotion.com/the-big-issues-f10/religion-part-1-religion-and-intellect-t50.htm

And i know for sure only one thing :discussing religion with EVERYBODY is just waste of time ...is good that u realise u can offend many with your post personally i just started read your post and then stopped .
Will say one last thing :
believing is BIg THING ...few people can understand it can feel it
Religion as like that isn't for everybody ...that's why there is Hell and Heaven ..if could everybody believe there will be no need of Hell .
BTW i wanted say something to Space who removed all offending religion avatars ..
Simons avatar .Adrs avatar ..I think that was the right thing ..such a avatars offend every believer ..no matter Muslim Cristian and etc ....of course there is freedom but when this freedom offend somebody's believes then have to be stopped : ))
7 )Fox i even didnt start to offend somebody ..... of course there are some things which cant be allowed get it u uneducated little boy ??
Like all other i post my Opinion BUT without to offend somebody !!!
So i think everybody have to do it in this way u understand ?
You really shouldnt allow bitterness to take such a grip on your emotions : )
and one thing is Voltaire not Voltair!!!

Cool Endrin i am agree with that religion is sensitive subject at least for me i never deny it !!!Its too personal thing too
The best what i can do is to stop discuss it ...always ends as argument .I know already i discuss religion only with choiced people (u prolly wont understand that with non -belivers i dont like to talk about religion ) I would like to discuss with you everything else ..hmmm lets think what else we can discuss : ))
Fox .... "Question: If I am offended by your Avatar, will you remove it?" yeah Fox if my avatar offend somebody believes has to be removed .. I dont know adrs avatar but i seen Simons Avatar .such a jokes with Prophets have to be removed immediately .I understand different people have different opinion BUT i dont accept that OFFENDING somebody belives is freedom of speech .Some things have to be with limits
"Yes it did make someone look stupid, but it's a shame it was Maggie and Space."
FOx NOBODY can make me look stupid u know why ??because i am quiet smart and educated woman ..The fact i cant talk English like you means nothing ..i know other languages and i accept my self for an intelligent person :)about Space being stupid i suggest that u find another word we all know Space and he can be everything else but NOT a stupid : ))
"My only aim is to provoke a reaction and it works every time. " ..Well we all post something to get some reaction ....u post topic we reply ..we post topic u reply ..of course the negative reaction have to be with some limits .
I hope we are done with WHY somebody avatars were removed ..i suggest Fox that we speak for something else like ..well hmm what about do u have any idols in your life ?Do u want to be like somebody esle ?to has his /her life ?
I will look for your honest answers : ))
Maggie

Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm

this was unnecessary
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 pm

"2 ) Space ,there is something what totaly shock me in your post :U have big Faith but u arent religious ..sigh ...a person who have faith cant say that : )one person can be religious or not ..everthing in middile is nothing :)U cant say u are beliver but u dont believe that the World comes from Adam and Eve ."

and...

"3 ) Rach there are many peole who call themself belivers ..some belive in cows ..another belive in sky ..and etc ...thats not a religion is a group of people ..tolerating such a thoughs is simple a sin"

Maggie..
First off, I sincerely thank you for validating my point in another topic on this website. That being said.. Once again in those posts you have demonstrated YOUR intolerence of other people and their beliefs.
Who are you to tell Space (or anyone else) what their faith or religion should mean to them or how they should practice it?
These types of statements that you make are all too common to simply be brushed off as you have difficulty bridging the language barrier. I know you will reply with somehting along the line of it is all in the net so what does it matter, yet you yourself seem to get pretty butt hurt over someone even mentioning your religion in a post. Why? Why are you continually trying to defend your own beliefs and persecuting those who believe diffrently than you. You stated that the middle was nothing, unfortunately it seems that ANYTHING that is an opposing position to your beliefs is wrong in your mind. So there you have it, your ignorance has validated my point about there is no such thing as "truth" in today's world. It is nothing more than subjective opinion and propaganda from all sides. If I am not mistaken you do not fully embrace the tenants of your own religion or faith.. correct? You smoke, drink, etc etc.. So that places you yourself somewhere in the middle and therefore makes you nothing.

Here is the deal maggie... It simply is not possible for any group of people to expect tolerance when they do not practice it themselves. You like to state that not all Muslims are violent or practice jihad.. On that I do agree with you, not all. But tell me.. Why is it that those who do not are not speaking out against it? Why is it that we don't see fellow muslims marching in the streets in defiance of these actions? What have you yourself done to speak out against it? Don't you feel a certain amount of responsibility as a Muslim to do so? In my opinoin you have done more harm to your religion on this forum with your posts than good. Your replies demonstrate the exact level of intolerence and just plain rage against opposing beliefs as those who made the posts wrote about your religion to begin with. It seems to me that rather than argue with people, and certainly rather than post the endless topics of how America is bad on here, you would be a lot more eager to share with us the positives of your faith. I don't see it.. Anywhere! Rather than post all this anti-America and anti-Israel crap you do.. Show us what people of your faith have done to feed the hungry.. Show us what people of your faith have done to educate children.. Show us what people of your faith have done to provide medical care to those who are in need of it. Here, try this one.. Show me one example where someone, anyone, of your faith has even provided the basic essentials to life such as clean drinking water. Basically what I am saying is quite simple here.. Put up or shut up.

I suppose I could go through and disect every single one of your posts make a numbered list of how they have offended me. However, I fail to see the positives in that, I fail to see how that in any way promotes intelligent conversation. I would also love to read how my avatar has a single thing to do with your posts on religion as the title of this topic states. My only guess is you felt a need to include me in your 45 paragraph rant or manifesto. When did faith and religion become the same thing? Seems to me that religions, all religions, do exactly what you have done in the quotes of your's I pasted above. That is to tell people how they should believe and how to excercise their faith. Once again it is "I am right you are wrong because it is what I believe".

Also, I never said you said that about Muslims. Maggie you can rest assured that with the exception of this topic right here nothing I write in any topic is even remotely directed towards you. Get over yourself. So Heartssss was 100% correct. This entire topic is just nonsene and was completely unnecessary.

Oh one last thing..
What up E? =)

Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:28 am

Simon ,like i posted in the other topic seems i didnt get your post ,i though you meant me
For all other what ya posted i wil say only i am not validating any of what ya said .My comments were my thoughs on people opinion in the subjcet of religion .Nothing more .The truth is one for me another for you -simple .I dont get hurt when somebody mention my religion ...but knowing most [people opinion here i think i was always rigth and always will be .To accept somebody different then you is just to hard for people lilel you Simon or like G or like heartss ..or whoever .YOu live with the idea that being musilm means terrorist and thats deep inside in all of you .With my posts about it i tried in MY way to show you thats not true ..but now i see is just pointless even to discuss it .I take many things in net Simon as you say liek a joke but religion is something serious at least for me so i dont take laugh on it .
Ps i dont think lately there is a language barriere for me : ) if i could discuss religion and etc means i improved much my english : )
Back to top Go down
Sim0n
Sim0n

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 am

Ha Ha..
Now you continue making all the wrong assumptions about what I think and stating them as fact..

Let me clear it up for you. I do not in any way think that being Muslim automatically equates to an individual being a terrorist. I feel my recent posts have demontrated this sufficiently, but since you are struggling to follow along I'll help you catch up. My opinion is that the acts of jihad, or terrorism, are nothing more than symptoms of much larger problems that are created by religion, or even politics. Terrorim is nothing more than an extreme manner of forcing one's beliefs on to others. The attitude of "I am right and you are wrong because it is what I believe" is still at the core of the actions. This is where I do feel the line between faith and religion have become blurred by the masses.

You do not see that you are validating pretty much everything I have said do you? Even in your follow up post your stance is that you are correct because of your beliefs, contrary of any evidence or fact to support them. The sad thing is that you jumped into this with both feet without even the slightest understanding of the subject. You focused on one small part of the entire text and then lashed out against it. Does that sound familiar? How much of that do we see going on in the world today? What you did is exactly what I was discussing in the other topic. In your mind you are on the side of truth simply because it is what you believe. Look at your statement.. particularly the one where you stated as fact what my thoughts were about your faith and those who practice it. There is no evidence to support your statement. It was simply what you believed to be true at the time. So in your mind it was absolute truth or fact and you framed it as such. You don't see that as a problem? You do not see how that is the kind of thinking that has, and is, negatively shaping the world we live in today? I've actually given you more consideration than you really deserve, but since your rants have validated my points I have endulged you so far.

I'll leave you with this..

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is.." - William Blake

Back to top Go down
maggie4818mag
maggie4818mag

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:27 am

Simon ,
I am not sure what excatly you are blah blah but i guess yu just want to impress with all these long posts .Anyway i dont see any reason to explain to YOU whay i say this why i write this and etc ...i do accept peoples opinions unless is not about my belivs : ).About religion subject was discussed YEARS ago ....i have said all what i want to say ..the thing i posted all my comments in one was cause i though you mean my posts with your post .Simon i am sorry but i always been rigth for My self and now after reading here some posts i think i become more strong in the thing i am rigth : )
About " Even in your follow up post your stance is that you are correct because of your beliefs, contrary of any evidence or fact to support them " i wil suggest that you discuss that with Space for example he likes proving his point : ).I dont see why i have to prove anything to you ...proving to somebody my views whys that ?why i have to prove anything to make you beleiev in what i believe ,to make you believe i am rigth ?
I do believe in every word i posted here and i will always defend it ..( for me i am rigth ) no matter if all world go agaisnt my views .years ago i posted all here now i dont see any reason to repeat myself only cause you just dont get.
Simon seems lately here become very famouse to finish every post with some quotes so here is mine : )
Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're standing alone.
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 am

Jesus said (allegedly):

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father, but by me" - John 14:6 (RSV)

If you are a Christian, you believe this (by definition) because it is in the Gospels.

Corollary: If you don't believe this, then you aren't a Christian.

Further corollary: If you don't believe this, then the Christians (who do believe this) do not believe that the Truth is in you.

Axiom: Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the way to salvation.

Conclusion: Christians think Islam is wrong. There is no room in a true Christian's belief system for an accommodation of Islam (or any other religion that does not acknowledge Christ as saviour).

There is no leeway here. Either Christians think Muslims are in error and damned, or Christians are hypocrites.

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 am

Antithesis: You CAN be a Christian and not translate every word that you read in the bible 'literally' or even consider them as universal truths.

If you consider, as a Christian, that the bible has undergone significant editing, then you will come to your own understanding of what Christ said. This is compounded when you consider that Jesus did not write the bible or any part of it...so everything has been reported. 21st Century Christians like myself are keenly aware of how 'reporting' can be misleading and often downright wrong.

So...Synthesis: Christians like me can respect all other faiths without being hypocrites (except maybe Jews).

Last edited by spacemariner26 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 am

He that is not with me is against me Matthew 12:30

He that is not against us is for us Mark 9:40

Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

spacemariner26 wrote:
Antithesis: You CAN be a Christian and not translate every word that you read in the bible 'literally' or even consider them as universal truths.

If you consider, as a Christian, that the bible has undergone significant editing, then you will come to your own understanding of what Christ said. This is compounded when you consider that Jesus did not write the bible or any part of it...so everything has been reported. 21st Century Christians like myself are keenly aware of how 'reporting' can be misleading and often downright wrong.

So...Synthesis: Christians like me can respect all other faiths without being hypocrites (except maybe Jews).

Therefore, a Christian is apparently someone who believes whatever he/she wants to believe, and uses their Holy Text to justify whatever they want.

Christians still base their beliefs and actions on what the Bible tells them, so if you say that the Bible has undergone significant editing, and that everything has been reported, then using it as the basis for a belief system is very flawed.

In any case, John 14:6 is unequivocal .. unless you are a Christian who doesn't believe in Christ. Then, as I said before, you are not a Christian. Instead, you are merely "someone" who picks and chooses a few things out of the Bible and generally lives your life by them. Which is fine.
Back to top Go down
Heartssss
Bloggers
Bloggers
Heartssss

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

According to Luke 26:13, John was on crack when he wrote that
Back to top Go down
Na_nashi

Na_nashi

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Heartssss wrote:
According to Luke 26:13, John was on crack when he wrote that

There's a hilarious summation of Christianity along those lines which appears in "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. I quote from my paperback edition published by Picador (1990), p. 200:

"... The Rosicrucians were everywhere, aided by the fact that they didn't exist."

"Like God."

"Now that you mention it, let's see. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are a bunch of practical jokers who meet somewhere and decide to have a contest. They invent a character, agree on a few basic facts, and then each one's free to take it and run with it. At the end, they'll see who's done the best job. The four stories are picked up by some friends who act as critics: Matthew is fairly realistic, but insists on that Messiah business too much; Mark isn't bad, just a little sloppy; Luke is elegant, no denying that; and John takes the philosophy a little too far. Actually, though, the books have an appeal, they circulate, and when the four realize what's happening, it's too late. Paul has already met Jesus on the road to Damascus, Pliny begins his investigation ordered by the worried emperor, and a legion of apocryphal writes pretends also to know plenty . . . . It all goes to Peter's head; he takes himself seriously. John threatens to tell the truth, Peter and Paul have him chained up on the island of Patmos. Soon the poor man is seeing things: Help, there are locusts all over my bed, make thyose trumpets stop, where's all this blood coming from? The others say he's drunk, or maybe it's arteriosclerosis. . . . Who knows, maybe it really happened that way."

Back to top Go down
spacemariner26
Administrator
Administrator
spacemariner26

PostSubject: Re: all my posts about religion    all my posts about religion  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 2:39 pm

When I read, or was told, the story of Adam and Eve for the first time -- in my youthful innocence I believed every word but even then I found it confusing and incredulous. As I grew older, I saw it for the allegory that it is. Fact is...my second interpretation had a more potent effect on my faith - the story actually meant something at last. Disbelieving the so-called 'word of God' actually strengthened my faith in God.

I don't fall into easy definitions of the word, 'Christian'. However, I don't believe for one minute that faith is easy. One of my favourite comedians, Dara O'Briain (Irish fella) states quite categorically that he is an atheist, but of course he is a Catholic too.

Who defines me...but me? So I am not a Christian because...I doubt the words of the bible? Perhaps I just doubt the interpretations? Perhaps I am resisting the urge to reject my heritage because I am a rational thinker and I don't live in the dark or middle ages.

Take a look at the Church. Let's start with the Anglican Church - since it is slightly less complex. Civil partnerships, women priests, customised services etc etc etc. Things are changing. The changes that have occured in religious Christian thought over the years...and particularly in modern times....have not emerged because Christians want to do what they want justified by interpretations of their holy book. I sincerely believe that was more the way people USED to act and behave. Changes now are based on a true reflection on Faith - a desire to get under the hype and feel the real message - to reconnect with the Holy Trinity.

Foucault's Pendulum is a mighty fine book. But please remember...it is essentially a book that pokes fun at people who follow ridiculous notions without any real thought. Essentially...it laughs at people who pretend to believe - hence the main comedic thesis is based around a fake conspiracy. In all of my readings, I have yet to find a derogatory comment about people who apply intellect, which subsequently gives integrity, to their beliefs.
Back to top Go down

all my posts about religion
Page 1 of 1